Monday, December 31, 2018

Six new things for a new year

My sermon preached for the encouragement of the detainees at Harmondsworth Immigration removal Centre on 30th December 2018.

Six new things for a new year

1.New Song
Psalm 96:1 - Oh sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth!

Psalm 98:1 - A Psalm. Oh sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Psalm 144:9 - I will sing a new song to you, O God; upon a ten-stringed harp I will play to you,

Psalm 149:1 - Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly!

Revelation 5:9 - And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,

Revelation 14:3 - and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

2. New covenant
Jeremiah 31:31 - “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

Luke 22:20 - And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood

3.New heart
Ezekiel 11:19 - And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,

Ezekiel 18:31 - Cast away from you all the transgressions that you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why will you die, O house of Israel?

Ezekiel 36:26 - And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

4.New heavens and a new earth
Isaiah 65:17 - “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

Matthew 19:28 - Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

2 Peter 3:13 - But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1 - Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

Revelation 21:2 - And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:5 - And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

5. New commandment

John 13:34 - A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

6. New mercies
Lam 3:21  But this I call to mind,
and ktherefore I have hope:
22  lThe steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;2
lhis mercies never come to an end;
23  they are new mevery morning;
ngreat is your faithfulness.
24  o“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,

k“therefore I will hope in him.”

No comments: