Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Diary w/e 17 Nov 2018

Sun 11 Nov

I was on duty as the Ealing elder visiting IPC St Peter's Liss while they lack their own session. Ealing elders take this delightful duty in turns each Sunday. So we enjoyed a beautiful centenary remembrance day service led by James Buchanan the Liss pastor. He reminded us that more than fifty men died in WWI from this village and after eh silence the choir sang a beautiful piece on a new heavens and new earth. James sermon on The Good Shepherd is God who holds his sheep secure was most encouraging. We were treated to a very tasty lunch then back to Ealing for evening service but I left for the Immigration Removal Centre before the sermon. At Harmonsworth I had new detainees from Brazil, Ghana and Nigeria. They were encouragingly appreciative of my sermon on providence - God in control of why you are here locked up and he is working for his glory and your good no matter what evil some may purposes against you.

Mon 12 Nov

It took two trips to the Halifax to pay off a mortgage that was not mine. I hate banks and avoid them wherever possible.

Tue 13 Nov

Over three hours at Ealing hospital helping my 91 year old friend undergo a pre-cataract surgery assessment. Five people to examine her and a wait between each of them. But I did get to chat with my favourite nurse who trained at Vom where I worked 1970-73. We chat in Hausa. Katy and I have watched a lot of BBC on the WW1 centenary. Well done and very moving. One came away thankful.

Wed 14 Nov

Podiatry give me a good report. No more dressings. Planted out crab apple tree. Newly rearranged housegroup. Introduction to Titus.

Thu 15 Nov

Moorfields at Ealing say my eye is no better no worse. Return in three months. Haircut. HMS Pinafore by Julian Light Opera at Questors Theatre. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Fri 16 Nov

Wine and cheese party for civic opening of our new building. God chat with Sinclair Ferguson. Met the mayor and the architect too.

Sat 17 Nov

Great official opening service of the new IPC premises, Sinclair Ferguson preaching.

No comments: