Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Hospital diary 8 Aug 17


I now realise I can see the London Eye from my room. The one thing I cannot see is the building that dominated the city skyline for 255 years, St Paul's. I can see the Telecom (Post Office) Tower which from 1965 to 81 was the tallest London building. Until then, St Paul's dominated the city, 1710 to 1965, it was the tallest London building and its fire encircled image in the blitz, its most iconic. I find it sad that the temples of mammon now dwarf the house built to the glory of God.

We have made and had an offer accepted on a four bedroom bungalow in Greenford. Only Katy and Rachel have seen it so far but the sale of this and ours is with our solicitor. It is a better property than the one we lost in May.

Visit from Rachel with ginger cookies, beef jerky, past its date brie and more. Missing only the banned liquid. Down side. Doctor has not been today and has neglected to tell me why I am not on the list for angiogram tomorrow. So when the medic does appear they will have one angry patient. Whatever their reason I deserve to be told. But on balance, very happy.

No comments: