Saturday, September 23, 2017

Diary w/e 23 Sep 17

Sunday 17 Sep 17

Took Adult Sunday School on Tyndale. Enjoyed it and received appreciation though I could've done with an extra half hour. Levy on Is 66, excellent. The last in a series of over 40 on Isaiah. Good lunch at Perivale Farm in the company Rachel and family, also Debbie, my two Presbyterian children. The others are baptist and charismatic by marriage. Evening service excellent again from Paul on seeking of the Spirit, Eph. 1. No reference to the Doctor and his error here. Mentioning this afterwards to Paul he tells me he heard Dick Lucas remark that Lloyd-Jones spent a lifetime teaching there are only two classes of people until he.came to Eph, 1 and found a third.

Mon 18 Sep 17
Ulcer clinic says good progress so now fortnightly dressing. Physiology says post operative progress is good and may improve with a slight change in medication. Now fasting before starting the purging for a colonoscopy tomorrow, my third this year.

Tues 19 Sep 17

Colonoscopy preparation and procedure is bad enough but to be told the preparation was not effective so the endoscopist may want a repeat procedure is disconcerting to put it mildly.

Wednesday 20 Sep


Today in U3A history I gave a paper on The History of Divorce Worldwide. I had enough material for next month too. After that,  in November, The disappearance of the stiff upper lip: the rise of counselling and therapy. 
Podiatry tells me my feet are doing well. I am applying for a blue badge claiming reduced mobility. This is on the advice of friends. If I get it for the cost of a doctor's letter it will be a bargain.
House group tonight on IPC church distinctive. Our new IPC Book of Liturgy, 1st Edition,  has arrived. Now to review. Good house group on IPC church distinctives http://ipc.church/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IPC-Distinctives.

Thurs 21 Sep

Lunched at Kenton Beefeater with the senior Littles who have returned from a Mediterranean cruise.  A wet walk to the surgery for the annual flu jabs. Amazed we did not have to queue. Switched off Doctor Foster' which represents what is wrong with BBC drama. Nasty characters obsessed with sex.

Fri 22 Sep

Tube to town for I was travelling to Harrogate, North Yorkshire from Victoria Coach Station.
45 minutes or so late into Leeds. Good news I can recharge the Mac in the coach for the WiFi.
With my brother who met me from the coach and bought the best fish and chips -Yorkshire by gum.

Sat 23 Sep

Walked the mother in law's dog or rather I was with my brother who does this twice a day. Picked up cousin Dorothy from her Catterick Mancap home. After a great pub lunch we took Dorothy home and visited our aunt Vera who is bedridden in a large new residential home since a fall.

No comments: