Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm tired, I'm scared, I miss...

I'm tired of Neoconservatives only interested in political power hijacking my religion to get votes.

I'm tired of politicians only playing politician and working to keep their jobs instead of actually TRYING to get something done.

I'm tired of murderous morons being referred to as "Christian" fundamentalists instead of what they are--evil!

I'm tired of people thinking they've got to break things to get attention.

I'm tired of the rich thinking they don't have to pay attention to the poor, which makes them go about breaking things.

I'm tired of a world that refuses to "Come, let us reason together," and instead says, "My way, or the highway."

I'm tired of a world obsessed with sex, drugs and narcissism.

I'm scared of a world that says only, "My way, or the highway."

I'm scared of what it's going to be for Christians in the future.

I'm scared of the Democrats

I'm scared of the Republicans.

I'm scared of the Tea Party.

I'm scared of what's happening in Europe.

I'm scared for my country, and I'm scared for this planet.

I miss being able to say "Merry Christmas" and not feel like I'm offending someone.

I miss all those animated Christmas specials I grew up with.

I miss when heroes on tv and books were actually heroes, and not deconstructed to make us feel better rather than encouraging us to BE better.

I miss old movies.

I miss beauty, honor and kindness.

Sigh.

Just needed to get that off my chest.


Thanks,

Greg Gick

No comments: