Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday in Timisoara

We took a cab to church as our hostess has food to carry for pot luck lunch. The church was better decorated than I remember from my precious visit and the landlord still had grapes on his vines. Liviu led the service. Christi led the music on his guitar and the singing was good. They also have a good choir. I preached on church as body, building and brethren. Daniel translated. Seven women and two men were received as first members in addition to the three elders. I told them something of presbyterian government and what to do if there was a problem with their elders. After we talked with two elders and wives about problematic church / mission relations and sought a way forward. We enjoyed a good dinner with Christi and Melissa at a local restaurant. Romanian food, beer and tuica = grappa, but I was the only paraker of the alcohol.

No comments: