Sunday, October 11, 2009

Anyone for Hillsong?

When is a church not a church? Is it when it does not own the name? Hillsong seems like Vineyard. Whatever you do do not mention church. On their website I looked in vain for any statement of belief. I had the impression they are' charismania meets Australia'. What do they believe? How to give to them is right there and an upcoming rugby match, but what is the content of the gospel they proclaim.? On returning to more web pages I do find they are usig the word church, but what do they believe? My query is prompted by meeting a fine Christian student who goes there but I am in the dark about what they stand for and the website seems to have no facility for me to ask.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hi Graham,

Here is a link to Hillsong Church's belief statement:

http://myhillsong.com/what-we-believe

This is aligned with the Australian Christian Churches statement of belief, as they are apart of this denomination. Hope this helps.

Graham Weeks said...

Thank you Adam. I was too lazy to go to an Aussie site to find what a London church teaches.