Monday, September 19, 2011

Isaac Asimov (1920-1992)- christiansquoting.org.uk

It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.- Isaac Asimov

Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest. - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

I am an atheist, out and out. It took me a long time to say it. I've been an atheist for years and years, but somehow I felt it was intellectually unrespectable to say one was an atheist, because it assumed knowledge that one didn't have. Somehow it was better to say one was a humanist or an agnostic. I finally decided that I'm a creature of emotion as well as of reason. Emotionally I am an atheist. I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time. -Isaac Asimov, in "Free Inquiry", Spring 1982, vol.2 no.2, p. 9

No comments: