Sunday, November 19, 2017

Diary w/e Nov 18

Sunday 12 Nov 17

We left in good time in the morning to avoid any Remembrance Sunday road closures. Gethin Jones was good with his third and final adult Sunday School on spiritual growth. He is gifted with power point. Paul preached om Mat 2. The wise men story showed important people, place, politics and providence. We were out for lunch and I did my first shepherding visit since the flock was divided among the now tenders. Evening service Paul taught Him 2, the pattern of the camp. Curch should be ordered, entered on Christ and moving forward with him. We are to go on in faith. Unbelief made an eleven day journey take forty years. After the service we honoured three members who turned 80, 09 and 90 recently. I asked them for early memories. Terry's was of a narrow escape in the blitz.


Mon 13 Nov


Ulcerated legs bandaged again. No improvement in the last fortnight. St Mark's physiology discharges me as the bowels are more or less under control now. Fed up with carpenters. Seven contacted. One would not quote as I said I may want the work before January. Three not returned calls and three said they would quote. Only one has come when promised. So another round of calls. One would not estimate unless I said I would wait until January for the work. Two did nt return calls. One came promptly to estimate and one non-responder from the first six said he would come and estimate. Over half an hour to sort out stupid Lloyds bank who failed to put through a payment I authorised for IPC and never told us. When the other signatory asked me to contact them they had blocked my log in too. All because I wanted to authorise payment of £99,999 to the church's builders. If they wanted to check the security why did they not contact me instead of blocking payment and wasting the time of our treasurer and m?. Bankers are one of the lower forms of life.


Tues 14 Nov


After Ealing Lunchtime talks my final meeting as loan elder to IPC Immanuel Brentford, and a Korean lunch. Took two and a half hours to get home from Ealing E10 stopped on Ruislip Road. All passengers out except me. Chatted with the driver. After half an hour was told to turn round in the road and go back to Ealing. I got off at Argyle and caught a diverted E3 with a grumpy driver after the accident was cleared. Off at Lidl and Debbie picked me up en route home from work. At ELT Chris Roberts was as usual excellent, this time on Ecc 3 - God's time for everything.


Wed 15 Nov


Two men came and erected out new garden shed. U3A history group here on the history of Spain and Catalonia. Educationally instructive. Back to Perivale for podiatry. Led house group on 1 Sam 2-3.


Thur 16 Nov

Early morning elders prayer always encouraging though only six of us. Two away, one asleep, one forgot.
Newest member of our congregation born this morning Edward Joseph Young. Both well.
17, an increase of over 100%, at the second Greenford Lunchtime talk. Chris Roberts speaking from John 3 on 'What Jesus Says To The Religious'. Excellent as ever.
Last cut of the lawn for this year?
A fourth carpenter to estimate, an Israeli then our curtain making friend who was late but my fault in part as I gave her our old postcode. Force of habit.
Cooked chicken tikka masala, sarso ka saag and rice. We have a large Indian supermarket in Greenford.

Fi 17 Nov

Facebook can be a blessing. Conversation with the son of a Nigerian octogenarian I taught over 40 years ago! I have now got the hang of predictive text on my phone. Still I shall resist both getting a smart phone and also texting if poss. First ground frost. Cars' windows earlier in week. Warm enough to read outside in the sun until the clouds came. Ordering window blinds for our main room, thermal ones for insulation.

Sat 18 Nov

Celebrated Debbie's birthday with breakfast at Big Boys' Cafe and the most substantial breakfast ever. You can choose a la carte ingredients for your fry up. We then started work on the shed, shelves and moving items in. Ethan and Elissa came for an overnight stay. I went to the parish church, Holy Cross for quiz night. Star of our team was my friend Steve Pound MO. Unfortunately I had to leave early with upset digestion.

No comments: