Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Ambrose - christiansquoting.org.uk

I will not glory because I am righteous but because I am redeemed, not because I am clear of sin, but because my sins are forgiven.- AMBROSE

To the good man to die is gain. The foolish fear death as the greatest of evils, the wise desire it as a rest after labours and the end of ills. --- Ambrose

Who is he bearing the sense of a man which is not ashamed toende the day without the singing of Psalms, seeing even the littlebirds with solemne devotion of sweet notes do both begin and end thedaie.--- Ambrose, Praise of Musicke

Aurelius Ambrosius, better known in English as Ambrose (c. between 337 and 340 – 4 April 397), was a bishop of Milan who became one of the most influential ecclesiastical figures of the fourth century. He is counted as one of the four original doctors of the Church.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home