Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Ambrose - christiansquoting.org.uk

I will not glory because I am righteous but because I am redeemed, not because I am clear of sin, but because my sins are forgiven.- AMBROSE

To the good man to die is gain. The foolish fear death as the greatest of evils, the wise desire it as a rest after labours and the end of ills. --- Ambrose

Who is he bearing the sense of a man which is not ashamed toende the day without the singing of Psalms, seeing even the littlebirds with solemne devotion of sweet notes do both begin and end thedaie.--- Ambrose, Praise of Musicke

Aurelius Ambrosius, better known in English as Ambrose (c. between 337 and 340 – 4 April 397), was a bishop of Milan who became one of the most influential ecclesiastical figures of the fourth century. He is counted as one of the four original doctors of the Church.

No comments: