Sunday, March 19, 2017

Diary, at home, 15 to 18 Mar 17

Wed 15 Mar

Once again many many thanks to all who have assured me of prayers and good wishes the past two weeks of hospital. I now have a pleasant collection of get well cards to view too.

Six of us here for U3A history first full meting on the Thirty Years WAR 1618-48. RACHEL CAME TO B MUM. I AM STRONGER BUT NOWERE NEAR 100%. I HAVE HAD SOCIALSEVICES BUT DISTRICT NURSES SAY THEY HAVE NOT BEEN AUHORISED TO INJECT MY PRESCRIBED ANTICOAGULANT. RED TAPE! I HAVE A LETTER PESCRIBING IT.

Brief visit rom Social Services carer, young Polish woman, than a long assessment from her Zimbabwean supervisor. So far, Social Services are the tops. The other end if the incontinence service. To them I was referred via the Distict Nurse. Leave a message on the answerpnone. 'It may be tomorrow when we turn your call'. But no a letter arrived telling me to keep calendar record of my problem for a week them phone them. I phoned right away and said I was not fit to attend a clinic. They promised me a visit to calcuate my needs in a week. Incontinence? More like incompetence! In a week I hope things may be back to near normal.

Confusion reigns.First the district nurses say they have not been authosised to inject my anticoagulant. It takes them and us both, all morning to get through to the hospital who authorise the nurse. She comes 5pm with a prescription sheet dosage over twice that on my discharge note, twice that of the drug supplied. She cannot get sense out of the hospital. The simplest of tasks not co-ordinated. But on the bright side, the spring sunshine and warm enough to enable me to sit outside in the garden.

Thurs Mar 16

Feeling pampered after being washed and dressed by a Yoruba lady from Social Services. I think the last woman to do this for me was my mother 70 years ago.

Coming to the end of a most comprehensive nursing assessment by a lady with a memorable name. Mrs Sippy. You have to say it out loud.

Driving back after she dropped me at the hospital on Feb 28th, Katy was hit broadside on by a car emerging from a side road.He disputes liability having orally admitted it. So we are in dispute but today the insurers have said the car is a write off and have told us our pay out. At present have a courtesy car that could be recalled tomorrow. So moving fast I have secured a car from Surecar Consulants in Coventry. We have bought from them over the years, so have family and friends and always satisfied.

It was 8pm before a very pleasant nurse/physio for the hospital's rapid response team arrived to give me my high dose injection to prevent thrombosis. She also instructed in exercise to help with my other problem.Later I was pleased to have a visit from my fellow elder, Andrew Rae and his wife Nicki. After Pastor Paul she gets the prize for non family visitors, three visits since I went into hospital.

Friday Mar 17

Twerp who ran into Katy still denies liability so the insurance companies are in dispute. My £200 excess is at stake. The good news is that the insurers will transfer my policy to our new car for a nominal admin fee only.

Insurance and breakdown cover arranged for the new car, D/N came and injected me but no joy for supplies from the incompetence service until they assess me Tuesday. Told to buy my own kit if needed.
With all my NHS moans here is praise. Before 9 A M today I ordered a repeat prescription on line. Here it is delivered before 5 P M. Praise where praise is due.
Good visit from Occupational Therapist who will have some rails fitted to support me climbing stairs etc. Very helpful. Courtesy car picked up so we await delivery of a new (second hand) car. Elissa here for her piano lesson. She is doing well and Ethan read a story to me. He too is coming on.

Sat 18 Mar 17

The nurse is teaching Katy how to inject my anticoagulant. There is room for improvement of the pain front.

Enlisting the help of a kind friend in Belgium we are booked to fly there 30th July for the 100th anniversary commemorations of the battle of Passchendaele. Katy had a great uncle killed there and she won a place in th ballot to be present at the official commemorative service at Tyne Cot, the largest Commonwealth war grave cemetery in the world.

Enjoyed a visit from old friends of over 46 years who came all the way fromBedford to see me.

I watched as England failed to win the Grand Slam and world record number of consecutive vctories. All credit to the Irish who improved by several multiples in one week, or as a lot home advantage? England have only themselves to blame in the end.


No comments: