Sunday, March 09, 2008

Valentine's Party

The Saturday after February 14th I organised a Valentine's party at the church. Everyone was invited but by the Sunday before I only had twenty coming. I divided tasks among the men. We were to serve the ladies. By Wednesday I has 24 coming so on Saturday morning I asked the butcher for a roast. He recommended two rolled sirloin joints which I roasted. The butcher gave a generous estimate and I had enough for an extra five unexpected diners.
Rupert organised the music. Mark did starters. Paul did great stir fry vegetables. I cooked the roast beef, roast potatoes, gravy and cheated on the Yorkshire puddings. Chris did the drinks, A good time was had by all
Kurt wasthe one responsible for the ambience of the evening with candles on and above the tables and flowers for the ladies.

No comments: