Monday, December 18, 2006

Loyal subject

An American friend asks, have you seen The Queen with Helen Mirren? I replied,

I am afraid I am too much of a royalist to want to watch it. I have no time for leftist or republican critiques of our monarchy nor for the Dianaolaters. I am sorry two boys lost their mother but other than that I cannot mourn her as a great loss to the nation. I pray that if William is to marry soon, may he find a bride from a stable loving family, not one damaged by divorce as was Diana's. She will need to be strong marrying into a family where the previous generation had 3 divorces out of 4 marriages, the generation before that. one out of two.I do not see republicanism as a threat to our monarchy. The treat is divorce because without stable marriages how can you have a royal FAMILY?

1 comment:

RC said...

thank you for sharing your thoughts from a different perspective than I have heard in the states.