Saturday, December 23, 2017

Diary w/e 23 Dec 17

Sun 17 Dec

Enjoyed giving my Reformation Women talk at IPC adult Sunday School. Chris Roberts excellent on Her 2. Christ unites man and God again. Six new members received yesterday though two were already members since their infant covenant baptisms. The family has I am told a Hugenot heritage and were on the losing side at Agincourt. One member has I believe a British South Asian heritage and finally the poor man described erroneously by our pastor as from Northern Ireland. He is from Donegal, the north of Ireland not Northern. As the pastor has a wife fro the province he should have known better! 
I presided at the Lord's Table. Carrying the seven cups for washing I said my new name was Nehemiah though my cups are pewter and his would have been gold, perhaps stolen from the Jerusalem Temple.
   I cooked Sunday lunch, cold roast beef with roast potatoes and broccoli. Evening service was our first carols at Drayton Manor. Good turnout including Carl Larson and family. Their son is a real pea from that pod and as lively as his dad was at five too. Eleven musicians. I did usual Is 9 reading. Paul gave a somewhat lengthy sermon on the unexpected guest, Zacheus.

Monday 18 Dec

My leg dressings have become weekly due to a new ulcer seen last week but it is responding to treatment. Has been over six months now since the start. It is well past Stir up Sunday but a Christmas pud is bubbling on the cooker, a late request from son David with whose house we shall celebrate the feast.Lord's ticket office cannot log me into their ticket ballot. Looked for Yorkshire at the Oval. They play the week in May that we are away on holiday.Huge struggle to replace the oven door I had removed for Katy to wash the glass in the door. It will not be removed again.

Tues 19 Dec

Katy too me to join nine others for early morning prayer, 6:30 to 8.
Katy played cello along with six other musicians at our well attended Town Hall carol service this lunchtime. Chris Roberts spoke on Herod, do we submit to King Jesus or want to be rid of him?

Wed 20 Dec

On the third day of failure to log into the Lord's ballot for this next summer's test I rang them and was instructed in a different way tool in and I am now in the ballot for India and Pakistan, both on the Fridays, second days, going with my old friend Trevor, DV.
Some idiot opened his passenger offside door as Debbie passed, scraped all down her passenger side, wrecked the mirror and broke the front passenger window glass. The insurers promised their garage would take the car and give a loan vehicle tomorrow. I hope they do better with her than with me as I am still pursuing them for the return of our excess since our March write off. The last we heard was it would go to court as the idiot who came out of a side road claims Katy was at fault. LIAR.
The weather is now mild enough to read and smoke my pipe outdoors - well until I feel cold at 10C.

Thur 21 Dec

Last Greenford Luchtime Talks this year, Chris Roberts on the Upside down of Christmas.The Son of God humbles himself. The Father exalts the Son. Phil 2. Debbie's repairers failed to send a flatbed to remove her car and the driver sent said without one it would stay as undriveable No courtesy car either

Fri 23 Dec

Debbie's car removed on flatbed and courtesy car left. At Ealing hospital eye clinic. Romanian nurse invited to church. She is from a pentecostal background but not worshipping anywhere. Long chat in Hausa with nurse Cecilia from Nasarawa state, She did midwifery at Vom where I taught 70-73. Very thorough Chinese doctor says my left eye is stable. Injections to continue and another examination in a month. Cooked chicken korma with saag.

Sat 24 Dec

Latest toy, Amazon EchoDot. Bought manual. Rubbish Not accurate.
To ulcer clinic and for the first time really good news. Left leg healed and left unbandaged for the first time in six months.

No comments: