Sunday, December 17, 2017

Diary w/e 16 Dec 17

Sun 10 Dec 17

Learning from Phil of naturalism in adult Sunday school one marvels at such a nihilistic, empty, comfortless philosophy. Poor deluded world feeding on nothing. Chris Roberts good as ever Hebrews 2. Debbie cooked excellent chicken chipotle lunch for three visitors. Paul again drew water from the rock with Num7 in the evening. Snow cane early morning and persisted all day. most for over eight years.

Mon 11 Dec

Rain. Thaw of all snow. Left leg very painful for dressing. Found a new ulcer. Did not compress it but will redress in a week. Wild penne mushroom pasta acceptable by the ladies. Katy not well but did her regular pastoral visit to Charity. Rejoicing in answered prayer. Yesterday ou pastor Paul Levy was stuck at Heathrow for six hours. He had to speak to 25000 students in Belfast. We prayed and he made it with twenty minutes to spare!

Tues 12 Dec

Paid for our thermal blinds. Beefeater Hayes lunch with Littles.Tom tom could not find it by postcode and the car park is no tsigned. Service slow. I blogged on my best books in 2017.

Wed 13 Dec

U3A history today on Zimbabwe. Serious subject I will introduce with a joke. How do we know Robert Mugabe is a backward Yorkshireman? Answer = What is his surname backwards? E ba gum! Bought beer and wine for men's party.

Th 14 Dec

Encouraging early morning elders' prayer. Yesterday Ealing Council sent me the council tax bill .The first surprise was I had not realised that this smaller house is in a higher tax band than our former larger house. That confirms my view that the old assessment was kind to us.But what angered was to find I had still been charged and not refunded on the old house. So I emailed the council late yesterday. Early today my bank balance shows I have been refunded but with no notice or reference. How not to run an administration!
Our Donald Smith gave an excellent lunchtime talk on John 11, Christ comforter and conqueror then we went carolling at an old folks' home. 4.5kg of silver side arrived to roast for out men's party here tomorrow.

Fri 15 Dec

To Lidl on E10 for more party food and drink. Ten minutes late from Northolt,13 minutes late from Ealing and later still with a driver change in Greenford. E10can be crowded around 3pm when schools are out and this is the only public transport where twice no-one has given me a seat. The second time I would've prodded the young alien on his mobile with my stick but Katy restrained me. She was standing too.

Sat 16 Dec
Woke up to a major clear up after the party.Lots islet overs to sort. Homes to be found for some. Rachel and family took some chicken, beef and bread, Hristo bread too. Preparing adult Sunday School Women of the Reformation. I have five but an Askew may be ruled out with time constraints. Hers is a horror story of torture and burning.

No comments: