Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How the world changed in the Past Decade. Part 8 - Family, Sport and Work

I have gained a daughter in law, son in law and five grandchildren. I have lost a cousin. My wife has lost her father, two aunts and an uncle. My greatest joy is my children love the Lord and have married spouses from good stable Christian families.

Now over 11 years in the same job and friends keep asking when I will retire. The answer is, when health determines. There is no big pension fund and I believe work is therapy. I continue to try and find enjoyment in my toil. I am blessed with good staff and am pretty much my own boss. I remain very critical of NHS pharmacy with the endless paper trail and official lack of trust. We were given a new onerous contract with some idiotic requirements. But it is secure employment.

Sporting highlights are England winning the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes, twice. I have been a regular visitor to the Oval and Lords. Highlights are ODIs with over 650 runs in a day losing to India and tying with the Aussies, both at Lords. Football highlight, beating Germany 5-1 in Munich. My Leeds went from the top of the Premiership to the depths of League 1. Debbie and I took up the cause of Sale rugby and saw them champions. I espoused this unlikely cause from Lancashire because of Jason Robinson whose retirement was a sad loss.

No comments: