Thursday, October 25, 2007

Up and down

I am an up and down person. Some call it a cyclothymic personality or bipolar. One learns to live with it. When the Apostle Paul says he has learned now to be abased and how to abound I can identify with that. Since our holiday in June I have been down long term I think this was in part due to tiredness from my heart failure. Is one down because of tiredness or tired because down? It is a chicken and egg question. Downs usually creep up gradually and there may be discernible causes. Ups can be more dramatic and mysterious in origin. Sometimes they are short, others longer. For over a week now I have felt better than in a long time. I am thankful. I have resumed my pipe. I still have a good stash of the weed. Often when down I put down the chimney.

No comments: