Thursday, October 11, 2007

Health report

Today the cardiology consultant pronounced his findings. I have had some heart failure probably due to uncontrolled high blood pressure, but now he wants an angiogram to make sure it is not due to narrowing of cardiac arteries. He has upped the hypertensives. Surprisingly he did not tell me to do the obvious, lose weight. Having given up my pipe , I am not well disposed to reducing further one of the few remaining physical pleasures in life. Yes I am obese. That is me. I am bothered by chronic fatigue which is part of heart failure. Oh well. I shall try not to lose heart but I am unlikely to diet or exercise the body which is what I am supposed to do. Physical exercise has no pleasures whatsoever. Exercising the gray matter is another thing altogether.

No comments: