Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Plodspeak

Asst Chief Constable Dave Thompson was discussing neighbourhood policing with Ch Supt Janette McCormick in McDonald's when two masked and armed men entered.

The officers confronted the men who were armed with a machete and knife.

The offenders then made off in a black Mini Cooper. No one was injured and nothing was stolen from the restaurant.

'Very scary'

Mr Thompson said: "It was obviously a frightening experience for everyone who was inside the restaurant at the time.

"Myself and Chief Superintendent McCormick were not in uniform at the time, but when we realised what was happening, Chief Superintendent McCormick immediately phoned police and I went to confront one of the offenders who was threatening members of staff.

"When I shouted at him, he turned around and produced a large knife, so I made an assessment that to tackle him could have put myself in danger.
- BBC News

Translation, 'I thought he would stab me so I backed off'.'

No comments: