Thursday, January 22, 2009

25 Things to Share

Rules:
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged . You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.

1. I have nightmares about not having passed my exams to be a pharmacist.
2. I don't like to have anything to do with DIY. I would rather someone else is paid to do the practical work.
3. I met Katy at a London Inter-Faculty Christian Union Bible reading by Herbert Carson on The Sovereignty of God in Election, 5 November 1965. We were not initially attracted but had a scheming mutual friend.
4. I've eaten snails and horse but not frogs' legs nor termites.
5. I dislike being asked to accompany others shopping.
6. I don't think I am as compassionate a person as I should be, considering the job I have.
7. I did not like beer until I was in my thirties nor whisky until over 40.
8. I used to have bad dreams for many years about being chased by cattle. I attribute these to pictures of highland cattle on the bedroom landing before I was five.
9. I excuse my bad handwriting by saying I have read too many prescriptions before they were computerised..
10. I've never liked cigarettes but started pipe smoking age 15. I gave it up for many years when was a student four years later, and Harold Wilson put the tobacco price up to five shillings an ounce. I resumed when banned from it as a missionary. I can stop for weeks on end.
11. The first real big life crisis was thinking I had failed my A level exams. In reality I had the best marks in my school that year.
12. I am overweight because I comfort eat.
13. I would never buy a new car as the initial depreciation is a waste of money.
14. I have no formal theological qualification despite two years at All Nations Christian College. I walked out of the London University Diploma of Theology exams as I then and now refuse to answer questions as if the Bible is merely a human book of Jewish religious genius.
15. The only food I refuse is raw celery.
16. When I am quiet it is usually depression.
17. I usually only dance if lubricated but need to be careful not to be too well lubricated to dance.
18. I have disliked pharmacy work ever since I resumed it in 1983 after a nine year break.
19. I have a cyclothymic personality, up and down between two seemingly different people at times. It drives Katy nuts.
20. I regret I ever signed the pledge as a missionary. I would not again succumb to what I now regard as a legalism.
21. I passed my 11 plus exam before I was 10, a year early so finished secondary school at 17.
22. James Herriot and Siegfried Farnon ( Wight and Sinclair) were my customers in Boots the Chemist, Thirsk where I worked for my pharmacy practical year, 63-64. That was before the vet books were published.
23. I sleep with a sleep apnoea machine otherwise I am drowsy all day.
24. I do nit give out my Mobile number as I only switch it on when I want to make or receive special calls.
25. Before puberty I was the best cross country runner for my age in the second smallest grammar school in England.

No comments: