Saturday, January 03, 2009

Five times I should have spoken out.

I have a list of protests I should have made.

1. Age 19 I should have walked out loudly in the middle of Osbourne's awful Inadmissible Evidence in the West End.
2. I should have protested when the Nigerian elders disciplined someone for merely tasting alleged alcoholic beverage.
3. I should have shouted out when in Belfast at the height of The Troubles, Paisley's preacher said we could spiritualize, 'Hands that are swift to shed blood'.
4. I should have protested when the Nigerian local government head said, 20 years after independence, that the country's problems were of Britain's making.
5. Last year I should have protested in the Waterloo museum where almost all the souveniers commemorate the losing French dictator, not the victors.

No comments: