Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mallaig

We did 420 miles in 9 and a half hours to find a bed and breakfast here. I parked and went to the house only to find a local complaining I was blocking him driving out. I asked what was he driving, a tractor, lorry or bus as anyone could easily get a car through the space I had left. He said he could not get his cat through the gap and would call the police if I did not move. Katy told me not to argue so I moved. Welcome to Scotland! Actually my welcome was £5 for two cappuccinos at Costa Coffee Gretna Green. They should be renamed High Cost of Coffee! They will get no more business from me. The B&B was £50 for the two of us and produced the best porridge I have ever had. I was told it was made with honey and cream not the traditional water and salt. Here are photos from Mallaig, the end of the Road to The Isles.Mallaig harbour with Skye beyond at about 8pm.
A fishing boat enters the harbour.
The Small Isles ferry boat and the Skye ferry berthed in the harbour.
About 10.30pm Sunset showing Eig, Rhum and Skye.
Monday morning a smal fishing boat is unloading its catch.

1 comment:

Fenella said...

So you went for a Costalot coffee. I like Costa Coffee=it tastes good but not cheap.
A tip- ask for an Americano -it is cheaper damn good and you get more coffee not a load of overpriced froth.