Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blair to Brown

I was really miserable watching yesterday's coverage of events. All those MPs congratulating Mt Cheesy Smile on a job allegedly well done. More tax, more rules, more spin. What else has he done except stay there ten years?

I was cheered up by a visit from my best friend. He thinks I was too harsh giving Blair 2/10 previously on my blog. Well I think I was too generous by half.

Will Brown be any better? We have to wait and see but the cynic in me has no optimism whatsoever. If he promised to tackle the West Lothian question now that would be a start. But Scots turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

As for Blair being a Middle East peace envoy, what chance has he got? Apart from an intractable problem he is hated by Muslims because of Iraq. His peacemaker reputation stems from n Ireland where he achieved what he did by liberally distributing "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards to murderers and other terrorists. Blessed are the peacemakers but real peace only comes if justice is established. Where is that when the Brighton Bomber is a free man? But the job gives Tony a fat salary I presume and at least it is not completely an E.U. sinecure, the usual reward of pensioned off politicians.

But let me end on a positive note. One is happy that we will be hearing much less of Cherie and the fat fool Prescott.

No comments: