Sunday, December 07, 2008

Eurostar

Click on the title to see the train on which I went from St Pancras, London to Brussels for our Presbytery meeting. It is long and smooth and supposed to be fast, two and a quarter hours. Both ways we were delayed for half an hour so I am not impressed. Once again I have proof that security checks work. The x-ray of my jacket revealed a lost knife which was confiscated, not merely the train regulations which I can understand, uit because the law is ridiculous. I am told my knife was illegal, not because the blade was too long for a fixed blade knife or because it was a flick knife, but because it was a penknife with a lockable blade. As Dickens's Bumble said, the law is an ass. Since Dickens's day our knee jerk legislators have fathered many more little donkeys.

No comments: