Saturday, July 04, 2009

Calvin 500 (3)

Now Saturday 9.50pm and I am back at my abode, Le Cenacle. Once again I have revised by opinion of Switzerland. It is not expensive. It is exceedingly expensive. Set price three course dinner with a couple of beers, 23 ukp, Only thing cheaper than home is pipe tobacco. Not that that is difficult with the exhorbitant UK tax. The restaurant I went to was the best value I could find. Good news though. I have borrowed an adaptor so the Mac is charging and I can run my sleep apnoea machine after all. Without it I might be a zombie for this tomorrow.

JULY 5, 2009 (SUNDAY): ALL SERVICES THIS DAY AT CATHÉDRALE ST-PIERRE
11:30 Greetings for Opening Convocation of Calvin 500
Worship and Sermon by Dr. Sinclair Ferguson: “In Christ Alone,” Phil. 3:8-12
18:00 Joint Worship with Sermon by the Rt. Rev. Henry Orombi, Archbishop of Uganda
19:00 Reception
19:45 Psalm Sing and Worship
20:00 Sermon by Dr. Bryan Chapell: “In Praise of Predestination,” Eph. 1:3-6


A week of this is 400ukp with the following four days morning lectures and evening sermons. A cruise would be cheaper but not so edifying.

No comments: