Saturday, July 04, 2009

Calvin 500 (2)

Saturday afternoon 5.38 pm in Geneva now. It was a good flight on BA from Heathrow but 1/10 for cheese sandwich served at lunchtime and no English beer on offer. No draught bitter in Terminal 5 either. What happened to national pride?

I used to say Switzerland is beautiful, clean, efficient, expensive and unfriendly. I am dropping the efficient. The station signage for the bus here was appaling. In fact I asked at the right stop it turned out. It was not marked for the bus I wanted and I was sent down the road only to catch a bus for the opposite direction. But I got to this pleasant RC conference centre in the end.

My only other problem so far is the adaptor I brought turns out to be US not Europe so unless I find one I will not be blogging a lot. Now to find somewhere to eat.

1 comment:

willem said...

still difficult to know the difference between Europe and America ?!