Monday, August 11, 2008

Questions - christiansquoting.org.uk

There are no foolish questions, only foolish silence.

Who needs rhetorical questions?

I know I have not found the answers to all of my questions. The answers I have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways I am as confused as ever, but I believe that I am confused on a higher level and about more important things.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. Chinese Proverb

Better to ask twice than to lose your way once. --Danish proverb

Hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers. Joan Baez

I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question...Lawrence Peter (Yogi) Berra (b. 1925)

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.-- Yogi Berra

When your wife asks, "Do I look fat?" The correct response is: "Do I look stupid?" &emdash;Andy Chap BC

The fool wonders, the wise man asks. - Benjamin Disraeli

Bromidic though it may sound, some questions don't have answers, which is a terribly difficult lesson to learn. - Katharine Graham

There are no foolish questions, just fools asking questions.-- Dave Kifer

Can a mortal ask question which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable. How many hours are there in a mile? Is yellow square or round? Probably half the questions we ask---half our great theological and metaphysical problems---are like that. And now that I come to think of it, there's no practical problem before me at all. I know the two great commandments, and I'd better get on with them.
C. S. Lewis A Grief Observed

There aren't any embarrassing questions -- only embarrassing answers. Carl Rowan (1925 &endash; 2000);

There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions. Charles Steinmetz

It is not every question that deserves an answer.--Publilius Syrus (1st century BC)_Moral Sayings_, Maxim 581

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know.-Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (1835-1910)_Life on the Mississippi_ [1883], Chapter six

No comments: