Thursday, April 17, 2008

Jewish Divorce

Seasonal humour via a good friend.



An elderly man, in Miami, calls his son in New York
and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell
you that your mother and I are divorcing. Forty-five
years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,"
the old man says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm
sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in
Chicago and tell her," and he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on
the phone, "Like heck they're getting divorced," she
shouts, "I'll take care of this."

She calls her father immediately and screams at the
old man, "You are NOT getting divorced! Don't do a
single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother
back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then,
don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?"

"Yes, I hear you," says the father.

"Good," says the daughter.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his
wife...

"Okay," he says, "They're coming for Passover and
paying their own airfares. Now, what are we going
to do for Rosh Hashanah?

No comments: