Monday, June 26, 2017

I am an unrepentant militant extremist

A recent article in Evangelicals Now reports on Christanophobia in the media during the recent election.Candidates for public office were pilloried for holding various views which I hold unashamedly.

1. Homosexual acts are sinful. Tim Farron was pressured to deny this. He is a member of a church which believes this as does my church which teaches what the Bible says. 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

2. God can answer prayer for healing in a miraculous way. God usually heals by normal medical means but he may heal miraculously. 

3. I oppose all abortions except where the mother's life is in danger. 'Thou shalt not kill'. I support pressure to change the law to prohibit abortions after 20 weeks and to stop the present law allowing abortion at any time when the unborn child is deemed handicapped.

For good measure let me add two more extreme beliefs not covered by the article. 

4. Jesus Christ the only way to know God as Father. John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

5. Mohammed did not teach the true way to follow God. He was a false prophet.Read the Koran. It contradicts the truth of the Bible.Sadly the only place in England where one can proclaim this in public is Speakers' Corner, Hyde Park.  Preach it in public elsewhere and you may be arrested as a hate preacher.I am not usually an open air preacher. I admire those who are and am prepared to do so myself. 

I used to think I lived in a free country with freedom of speech. It is no longer so.

'Anyone rejecting an ideological shibboleth is vilified as racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, climate-change denier and so on.Such people aren’t being shamed over what they do but what they are. The aim is not to change their behaviour but to disbar them from the community of right-thinking people. In the interests of making a kinder, gentler, nicer world we have become tyrannical.'- MELANIE PHILLIPS, june 27 2017,the times, How we’ve turned into a shameless society


No comments: