Sunday, July 15, 2007

Osterley House

Only a few miles from our home, I had never been to Osterley before yesterday. The present house, built in the 1760s to Robert Adam's design for a London banker, is set in beautiful grounds. Now under the ownership of the National Trust we were there only to see an embroidery exhibition which was free to visitors without one having to pay for entry to the house.
Why was I visiting an embroidery exhibition? No, I do not have a secret hobby and I was not there for the food.
All this food was not to be eaten, unless you want to chew knitting. These items are all inedible being made from wool. I went along to the exhibition out of love for my wife who did not want to go by herself. One year we will perhaps buy a National Trust membership and visit the house and gardens.

No comments: