Monday, June 11, 2018

Diary w/e 9 June 2018

Sun 3 Jun

Peter Lofthouse excellent in Sunday School on Psalms Hymns and Spiritual Songs. The dulcimer was a Babylonian bagpipe. Levy excellent on the end of the Sermon on the Mount with a great illustration of the deceitfulness of false teachers from the RAF imitating Luftwaffe flight control. Took Katy for birthday  lunch at Northolt Harvester. Prawns tasteless and no real ale but good Polish waitress service. Gethin Jones in the evening . Good on the end of Obadiah. A good warm and sticky day. And England at the ninth attempt win a test match.

Mon 4 Jun

Lunch with our best friends the Larsons visiting from USA. Cooked lasagna for dinner. Elders business meeting. We meet at least twice a month. Once business, once prayer. I was scheduled for the elders meeting but James 4:13 - Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit” - yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. Cooking the dinner I was sick, lost my lunch and was unable to eat dinner or go out. My evening was sleeping instead.

Tues 5 May

U3A World Religions I spoke for ninety minutes on the history of UK denominations. Visited on church member.

Wed 6 Jun

Yesterday we found a hedgehog had travelled the length of our backyard with a rat trap attached. I freed it. Katy thought it was dying but this morning it has gone. U3A Current Affairs on Korea. Six present. Katy not well in the evening so did not make it to join 31 members at our monthly prayer meeting.

Thu 7 Jun

Funeral of the mother of a church member at Feltham crematorium. I am told it has been recognised as the best in the country and it has the largest crematorium chapel I have see. Quite a crowd from a large family who gave beautiful tributes, especially a moving, tearful one from my friend her daughter. Afterwards the wake was at a pub in Ealing, the same road where the deceased was born 91 years ago. This was a record for me for distance between funeral and wake. I am not grateful for a lift from another church member. Wake food was excellent and good real ale too. Good to meet up with my friends children as we have known the family for 36 years.

Fri 8 Jun

Katy still not well. I will still be cook. Roast lamb tonight if she is up to eating. Drove to Lidl and shopped this morning.

Sat 9 Jun 

On duty at the Evangelical library. 





No comments: