Monday, May 21, 2018

Diary w/e 19 May 2018

Sun 13 May
 Interviewed by the senior children in Sunday school. Paul preached on the Lord's prayer. My first drive for nearly ten months. I preached on the ascension at Harmondsworth Detention Centre. New detainees from Bolivia, Ghana and Nigeria. My application was for them to wait on God who alone knows the future and to be witnesses in their Jerusalem, to the majority there who are Muslims. A church history book from the Littles and beer from Seabers.

Mon 14 May


Awaiting another tender for our garden walls. Fourth cut of the grass and a dig over of the second corner of the garden. Elders meeting. Full house of fourteen. Eleven from Ealing, two from other churches we help oversee and one trainee minister. Done by 10 pm.


Tues 15 May


ATM swallows a new card for no apparent reason, Ealing Council send me a court summons for council tax though I set up a direct debit and SSE failed to install a smart meter today after over six months as our meter has the wrong ID number. Triple frustration! 

   Urology at Central Middlesex say that after the Botox in the bladder last month it is not completely voiding so I am to use a catheter daily. But in the words of Corporal Jones, 'they don't like it up 'em'.


Wed 16 May


18 years since my father passed on. 
U3A history 3 on Stalin. One of the five present thinks he wasn't all that bad! But she is the sort that if there is a stick she will grab and brandish the wrong end of it.
Afterwards it took me forty minutes on the phone to sort out my court summons for alleged non-payment of council task. Now for an open letter to my local councilor, leader of the council, asking him to sort our a not fit for purpose revenue department. Housegroup on David, Jonathan and Saul.

Thu 17 May

Went to the garden centre for more topsoil. Started to remove turf from the border western of the lawn.

Fri 18 May

Dug more of the border and removed earth from dried turf. Enjoyed Giro d'Italia and a Yorkshire one day win over Durham.

Sat 19 May

70th birthday party of Cyprian Blamires, son of the famous Harry Blamires, author of The Christian Mind. I met his late wife back around 1972 at Vom Christian Hospital when she came out on a medical student's elective. Her brother, Kenneth Skilling treated me to breakfast at Cafe Diana (Opposite her former home of Kensington Place and advertised as her favourite cafe) Then he took me and four of his family in a hired minibus to Market Harborough. Beautiful house, garden and party with abundant refreshment. I had a day of Pimms while enjoying the royal wedding on TV and the first half of the cup final before the minibus to London and the treat of an Uber home courtesy of Kenneth. Great day. Sorry Katy was not up to it.

No comments: