Monday, February 19, 2018

Diary w/e 17 Feb 18

Sun 11 Feb
Levy good on the second half of the Beatitudes. David and family here from lunchtime. Excellent roast beef. He came with me to evening service, Chris Roberts on Ps 139 part 2.

Mon 12 Feb

Love your enemies, yes. But for hackers I am looking up imprecatory Psalms.
Since I cleared my cache on advice I now have lost much stored on my mac like log ins and the facility to post a page to f/b in one click. The cache clearing did no good only the opposite. All this is a spin off of the hack.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/predictor I am 54th out of
Total players: 397167

After seven and a half months of leg ulcers I am pronounced cured PTL! Doppler in 3 months DV.
Continuing to give thanks for my healed legs. I am now wearing shoes for the first time in eight months. Goodbye sandals until summer.
Lovely visit to Hampton Court, Henry VII apartments and garden - but I cannot upload any of the photos.

Tues 13 Feb

Travelled the E10 to one stop from its Northolt terminus to pick up a parcel the P.O. could not get through our letter box nor return to deliver on the date requested. They came the wrong day. E10 to Ealing for bargain lunch at the Weatherspoons which has the best real ale selection in Ealing. Good chat with Levy concerning my determination to go to USA without full medical insurance. Gethin Jones at ELT the pastoral visit with a phone call from our member's solicitor in which I was nominated to be her attorney, able to give consent on her behalf in all matters including finances and medical.I am honoured tone given such a responsibility. Her family approves her decision. 
Back from Ealing Historical Society lecture on Luther by Lyndal Roper 24th Regius Professor of history at Oxford.

Wed 14 Feb

My U3A history only had one person join me so we enjoyed a chat in preparation for our postponed topic, Indian History. Anyone care to comment of the religious breakdown in the subcontinent before the British? The person leading us found no statistics.
Packing for two weeks near Sacramento visiting my friend recovering from major surgery and collapse. Thankful for my wife every day for the past 48+ years.
Shopping and library via the Greenford E10.
Good house group on 1 Sam lead by Chris Craddock.

Thur 15 Feb


At noon Debbie dropped me at Northfields for the tube to Heathrow T3 three hours early to check in for 3:20 Virgin to LA, an 11 hour flight. I foolishly chose window seat. With my diuretic it should have been aisle There was little to see for we flew north over Iceland, Greenland before going south over Canada. Nothing was really visible and we merely followed he dusk to land 6pm in LA. Virgin service was rather lacking in liquid on refreshment rounds. I managed little reading and reverted to the entertainment system. It is sophisticated but the in the classical..I watched two films. music is lacking. The selection is secular. No gospel nor oratorio. We were into LA on time. I foolishly declined a wheelchair offered when I had my stick. The immigration was very slow. Their electronic check in was inoperative. An official on hearing I had a connection make called a wheelchair and I was whisked through immigration, bag reclaim, customs and the long trek to the domestic terminal. There I asked for and got priority boarding on a full plane to Sacramento. It arrived early before Julie met me. She drove me to their new home where I could give Dennis my greeting at midnight. He is in pain, in bed but ever so pleased to see me. I have the top of the house to myself. Luxury to end my 29 hour long day. Fri 16 Feb Early morning colder than expected. Glad I brought a jumper.Up before Julie I see this house is more than twice the size of ours for much less than half the price. It is over a century old which ia ancient here where settlement in the modern era dates from the 1849 gold rush centred nearby..]I was up before the  family with Dennis then up, a pleasant surprise. Joanna cam and I met her four for the first time. They love the Cadbury's I brought. Toured the estate and shopped for some Virginian weed which I have started to enjoy on the verandah in the sun. 
   Julie tretedd us to er lasagne for supper and I met their two there daughters. Esther came with husband Christian, their baby Clementine and older sixth grade daughter too. Christian is an electricity line man. Abigail's husband Joshua has recently resined as a tenured chemistry professor in the south of this state. His family background is very unusual. Polish Jews who became Baptist and emigrated to Argentina to escape the Nazis. Julie presented me with a bottle of Graham's port, I gave to families Cadbury's chocolate, Old Peculier and IRC tea towels. So today I met six out of nine Roe grandchildren and the tenth is en route.


Sat 17 Feb
I have walked Libby, Anotolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees cross - a shepherd guard dog. She is a real man size that one is proud to walk with. But she is more interested in sniffing than walking. Photos to follow.

No comments: