Monday, October 09, 2017

IM David Brainerd died on October 9, 1747 at the age of 29 from tuberculosis.

I know I am unworthy...But what of it? For there stands in my place One who calls me his own and wraps a robe of perfect righteousness around me. I exalt in my Savior and triumph in his finished work on my behalf. He is my great righteousness and nobody and nothing can snatch me from his hand! - David Brainerd (Missionary, written on September 19, 1747. David Brainerd died on October 9, 1747 at the age of 29 from tuberculosis. Brainerd had enjoyed a particularly fruitful ministry among the Delaware Indians of New Jersey)

I find that both mind and body are quickly tired with intenseness and fervor in the things of God. Oh that I could be as incessant as angels in devotion and spiritual fervor. -- David Brainerd

Oh, how precious is time, and how it pains me to see it slide away, while I do so little to any good purpose. Oh, that God would make me more fruitful and spiritual.... David Brainerd (1718-1747)

There is a God in heaven who over-rules all things for the best; and this is the comfort of my soul. DAVID BRAINERD

We are a long time in learning that all our strength and salvation is in God.-- David Brainerd

It is good to follow the path of duty, though in the midst of darkness and discouragement. - David Brainerd journal

God designs that those whom He sanctifies...shall tarry awhile in this present evil world, that their own experience of temptations may teach them how great the deliverance is, which God has wrought for them.--David Brainerd- tract, 3 Februaury 1744

No comments: