Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marie Antoinette - christiansquoting.org.uk

Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it the moment when my sufferings are to end?
Marie Antoinette Queen Consort of France, wife of Louis XVI. 1755-1793 on the way to the guillotine 16 Oct 1793 "Women of Beauty and Heroism"Frank B. Goodric

It is quite certain that in seeing the people who treat us so well despite their own misfortune, we are more obliged than ever to work hard for their happiness. The king seems to understand this truth; as for myself, I know that in my whole life (even if I live for a hundred years) I shall never forget the day of the coronation.-Quoted in Antonia Fraser, Marie Antoinette (2001) [New York: Anchor Books, 2006, ISBN 0307277747], p. 135

I was a queen, and you took away my crown; a wife, and you killed my husband; a mother, and you deprived me of my children. My blood alone remains: take it, but do not make me suffer long. - Marie Antoinette

No comments: