Friday, February 29, 2008

Little things - christiansquoting.org.uk

I post this becauseLittle things affect one a lot, ewspecially moods.

Little things console us, because little things afflict us. -- Pascal

Sometimes when I consider what tremendous
consequences come from little things--a chance
word, a tap on the shoulder, or a penny dropped
on a newstand--I am tempted to think...there are
no little things.--Bruce Barton

I challenge anybody in their darkest moment to
write what they're grateful for, even stupid
little things like green grass or a friendly
conversation with somebody on the elevator. You
start to realize how rich you are. Jim Carrey

Do little things as though they were great,
because of the majesty of Jesus Christ who does
them in us, and who lives our life: and do the
greatest things as though they were little and
easy, because of His omnipotence. ... Blaise
Pascal (1623-1662), PensÈes [1660]

One resolution I have made, and try always to
keep, is this: "To rise above little things."
--John Burroughs (1837-1921)

Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own
shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild,
harmless, rather engaging little things, not at
all like the staring defects in other people's
characters.- -Margaret Halsey

Be great in little things. Francis Xavier

Not for the mighty world. O Lord, tonight,
Nations and kingdoms in their fearful might--
Let me be glad the kettle gently sings,
Let me be grateful for little things.
Edna Jaques

No comments: