Sunday, December 02, 2007

From a troubled bear

I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me. But bothering me even more is this sad misunderstanding which has resulted in the ridiculous imprisonmnet of a teacher from my country, England, in Sudan, Darkest Africa.

I heard a spokesman from the Sudanese Embasy says that people should realise that in Sudan bears are not about bed time stories, they are fierce animals. A bit like your prohet Mo then? He has not seemed cuddly to me. More of a wild Tigger sort of fellow. I really do not feel in good company myself with such comparisos. Hey! I think we bears have been insulted by comparison wuth this Arab bloke. Who can I prosecute? Eeyore says best forget it. Wol says it is unwise to joke about people who take a dead man so seriously. Christopher Robin is very afraid I may provoke a bad reaction. Piglet sends his love to one and all.

Release our teacher! Respect for bears!

Love,
POOH


When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it. --A. A. Milne, _The House at Pooh Corner_

You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.- Alan Alexander Milne, 1882 - 1956

My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. Winnie the Pooh, A. A. Milne

Pooh and Piglet walked home thoughtfully together in the golden evening, and for a long time they were silent. "When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?" "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.-- A A Milne

1 comment:

mimi said...

I am thankful for WOP's influence in releasing the teacher.